About Conduct Supervision
Conduct Supervision is responsible for the setting up and implementation of the regulatory framework aiming to secure appropriate consumer protection in operations of licence holders in the financial services industry. The Conduct Supervision section is a relatively newly-formed team which currently employs 26 persons and is projecting growth as it is gradually assuming a cross-sectorial function covering under its remit supervision in conduct of credit institutions, securities, trustees, corporate service providers, as well as insurance and pensions.
The Deputy Head (Insurance) will report to and deputise for the Head of Conduct Supervision and is expected to:
- Be thoroughly familiar in the Conduct of Business framework applicable to insurance undertakings and intermediaries;
- Handle meetings with relevant stakeholders;
- Co-ordinate the work-load of the team in the areas of insurance supervision;
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff within Conduct Supervision;
- Lead on-site inspections carried out at the premises of insurance undertakings and intermediaries with a view to assess the latter’s adherence to the applicable conduct of business rules;
- Carry out any thematic reviews with respect to the insurance sector;
- Represent the MFSA in engagement with internal and external stakeholders, including representation on any Standing Committees/Working Groups relating to investor protection of EIOPA;
- Assist the Head of Conduct Supervision in the general management of the function;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of Conduct Supervision and the Authority.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in law, Accountancy or in another related finance background. A relevant Post Graduate Degree would be considered an asset. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years working in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, in particular IDD, and proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.