The Deputy Director will report to and deputise for the Head of Authorisation and will work closely with the other employees of the Office and the Authority as necessary with particular emphasis in the area of insurance.
The eventual appointee will:
- Be expected to take over the duty of co-ordinating the work-load of the Unit in the area of insurance;
- Direct and carry out second reviews of applications for the issue of licences as necessary;
- Provide guidance and leadership to managerial staff within the Office, during the process;
- Cross train staff;
- Assist the Head of Authorisation in the general management of the Office and liaise with potential applications for licenses.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Insurance, Accountancy, Banking and Finance or in another related finance background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years working in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, particularly in the area of securities and proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.