A leader in the financial services is looking to employ a Deputy Head (Insurance) to report and deputise the Head of Authorisation.
The Deputy Head (Insurance) will be expected to:
- Be thoroughly familiar in the application of the Regulatory Framework in the areas of Insurance and Pensions;
- Handle meetings with potential applicants;
- Be expected to take over the duty of co-ordinating the work-load of the Unit in the areas of Insurance and Pensions;
- Direct and carry out second reviews of applications for the issue of licences as necessary;
- Provide guidance and leadership to managerial staff within the Office during the process;
- Cross train staff;
- Assist the Head of Authorisation in the general management of the Office.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid academic background in Accountancy or Banking and Finance or in another related finance background.
- Qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better,
- You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years working in a similar senior role.
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector.