Deputy Head (Banking) within Authorisation
|Job Title:||Deputy Head (Banking) within Authorisation|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2019 11:01|
Authorisation (AU) is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in the areas of banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Company Service Providers. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a regulated entity to operate in Malta. AU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different academic backgrounds.
- The Deputy Head (Banking) will report to and deputise for the Head of Authorisation and will
- Be thoroughly familiar in the application of the Regulatory Framework in the areas of credit and financial institutions;
- Handle meetings with potential applicants;
- Be expected to take over the duty of co-ordinating the work-load of the Unit in the area of Banking, Payment Services and E Money institutions;
- Direct and carry out second reviews of applications for the issue of licences as necessary;
- Provide guidance and leadership to managerial staff within the Office;
- Cross train staff;
- Assist the Head of Authorisation in the general management of the Office.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Banking, Finance, Payment services, or in a relevant field. Expertise in Information technology would also be considered an asset.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years working in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, particularly in the area of banking and proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit
Deputy Head of Cybersecurity and ICT Risk
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Junior Assistant within Securities and Markets Supervision