Deputy Head (Investment Firms and Funds)
|Job Title:||Deputy Head (Investment Firms and Funds)|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2019 10:02|
As Deputy Head you will be leading the Investment Firms and funds team, making sure that team members are meeting and exceeding expectations and developing team members as required. Other duties will include:
- Ensuring that these teams consistently deliver high quality output;
- Helping shape and implement supervision strategies focused on business models, senior manager/director accountabilities and governance, risk and compliance units with the aim of taking supervision to the next level;
- Ensuring that the team delivers the onsite supervision plan with the minimum number of planned onsite visits being undertaken;
- Managing a large case load of investigations, analysing complex data, holding interviews and determing what regulatory action can be taken if warranted
- Contributing to the formulation, development and implementation of any relevant internal processes and procedures;
- Implement and transpose EU driven legislation in an accurate and timely manner and represent the Authority at EU fora as may be necessary;
- Recruiting, developing and managing the team to ensure that high performance is maintained;
- Deputise to the Head of unit as may be necessary.
You will also have a minimum of 6 years working in a similar senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least 10 years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
To succeed within this role it is essential that you have:
- Excellent knowledge of the regulatory framework in which the funds and investment firm industry operate, ideally with industry experience;
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire members of the team;
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills with the ability to think out of the box and come up with pragmatic solutions in difficult situations;
- The ability to be strong and assertive with licence holders where circumstances warrant;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence internal senior management and external stakeholders.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's