Deputy Director (Insurance) within the Authorisation Unit
|Job Title:||Deputy Director (Insurance) within the Authorisation Unit|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 09:06|
The Authorisation Unit is primarily responsible for the authorisation of entities carrying out licensable activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions and trusts sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta.
Purpose of the Recruitment
The eventual appointee will be appointed as Deputy Director (Insurance) and will be expected to report to, and keep close liaison with the Director of the Unit and manage a multidisciplinary team involved in the processing of applications for new licence or the amendments of existing ones.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree in Accountancy or Banking & Finance or Insurance or other Finance related subjects or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- The applicant would be expected to have worked within the financial services environment for various years, with a required minimum of six (6) years and preferably with eight (8) years at a senior level. For internal applicants “senior level” should mean from the effective date of appointment at Analyst Grade 3 level.
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, particularly in the area of insurance and pensions and proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks in order to carry out functions effectively and efficiently.
- Applicants should be authoritative, assertive and self-confident to carry out the responsibilities of the Deputy Director within the Authorisation Unit.
- The Deputy Director will report to and deputise for the Director and will work closely with the other employees of the Unit and the Authority as necessary with particular emphasis in the area of insurance.
- S/he will be expected to take over the duty of co-ordinating the work-load of the Unit in the area of insurance, directing and carrying out as necessary second reviews of applications for the issue of licences, providing guidance and leadership to managerial staff within the Unit in the process, cross train staff, assisting the Unit Director in the general management of the Unit and attendance of meetings with potential applicants for licences.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task, produce high quality work and to meet strict deadlines
- good judgement
- ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative as appropriate
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- a high degree of inter-personal, self-confidence and negotiating skills
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's