Our client is seeking a Deputy Director (Insurance) who will report to the Director
Co-ordinating the work-load of the Unit in the area of insurance, directing and carrying out as necessary second reviews of applications for the issue of licences, providing guidance and leadership to managerial staff within the Unit in the process, cross train staff, assisting the Unit Director in the general management of the Unit and attendance of meetings with potential applicants for licences.
- A University of Malta Honours Degree in Accountancy or Banking & Finance or Insurance
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered an asset
- To have worked within the financial services environment for preferably not less than 6 years at a senior level
- to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, particularly in the area of insurance and pensions
- a proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks in order to carry out functions effectively and efficiently
- Applicants should be authoritative, assertive and self-confident