DBA - MySQL
|Job Title:||DBA - MySQL|
|Salary:||€40,000 - €45,000|
|Contact Name:||Clare Barbara|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2018 08:34|
A large software house which has been awarded as one of the 'best software platform' providers is looking for a DBA to join their team.
With this fun, dynamic environment and servicing clients in the SW and gaming industry, this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their next step.
- Implementing, monitoring solutions, enhancing current monitoring systems, active monitoring of behavior.
- New sites, DB installation and configuration.
- Users and accesses management.
- Periodically review of logs and solving identified problems.
- Taking action solving incidents or preventing them, proactively.
- Making sure that backup mechanism works smoothly, and it is up to date.
- Making sure replicas are always in synchronization with master, working as needed.
- Analysing slow queries and giving advices to development teams about required improvements.
- Making sure the hosts has enough resources to manage the DB needs.
- Looking after all DB parameters and configuration to get optimal performance
- Providing solutions in: Performance improvements, High Availability enhancements, Disaster Recovery, Crash prevention, Archiving Solutions and Housekeeping, Migrations
- MySQL DBA experience, to be able to perform all required tasks.
- Windows and Linux systems knowledge to guarantee the required DBA tasks can be executed, in both types of systems.
- Expertise or knowledge in MongoDB or Redis will be a plus.
- Proactivity, to act and work in preventive mode (instead of reacting).
- Ownership, to lead every DB required task until it is completely finalized.
- Analytic, problem solving skills and attitude is essential
- Teaching, learning & helping your co-workers is part of your Kernel