Database Administrator within Technology
|Job Title:||Database Administrator within Technology|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 15:50|
The Technology team leverages cutting-edge technology, industry standards and methodologies to provide reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the financial services sectors interacting with the Authority electronically. It is responsible for technology design, information security, development, integration and delivery of all information and communications infrastructure, platforms and services, working with technology vendors and partners.
The Technology team is made up of professionals specialised in relevant areas that include governance and planning, infrastructure and service management, information systems, and security. Officials from Technology also participate and give their contribution in several European committees, expert groups and industry fora.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation with the implementation and administration of database management systems and applications systems. The primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain the development, test, and production Microsoft SQL Servers environments;
- Automate and manage SQL server job scheduling;
- Control and be responsible for access permissions and privileges;
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly and carry out capacity planning;
- Perform analysis of data sources and processes to ensure data integrity, completeness and accuracy;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with databases as they arise;
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of the database infrastructure;
- Collaborate with the development teams and produce database code to support the applications and data loads/APIs from internal resources as well as third parties;
- Make configuration and hardware sizing recommendations for product performance baselines and specific needs including database replication, clustering and advising on disaster recovery plans;
- Eliciting requirements and configuring information systems, including the ability to articulate and document technical requirements and performing configurations of systems;
- Administering enterprise business applications.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in IT, specifically in Databases focusing on Microsoft SQL Server.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Related industry certification(s) would be considered an asset. Candidate having knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint would be favourably considered.
- You will also possess a minimum of two (2) years working experience in IT working on RDMS's. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Analyst (Finpro) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Policy) within Banking Supervision Unit
Senior Analyst (Finpro) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Investment Firms) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit