about 1 month ago
A leading organisation is seeking a Database Administrator to work closely with the BI & Database Specialist with respect to the Data Strategy, IT and Software support.
- Assisting in the evaluation of data obtained from the operators.
- Extracting, restore, importing and exporting of data in various database applications (MSSQL, MYSQL, ORACLE, etc…)
- Developing, Testing and Implementing customized SSRS reports based on the users’ needs
- Executing all regular transaction processes necessary to maintain operations records and databases
- Assisting in implementation, testing, and validating data and software systems
- Auditing data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality
- Assisting with ongoing data architecture processes and governance
- Providing Helpdesk support
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, IT or a related subject
- SQL server experience with a strong relational database background.
- Knowledgeable experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks including LAMP and MEAN
- Knowledge of XML, XSD technologies will be considered an asset
- Programming skills (in .NET technologies e.g. C#, ASP, etc.)
- Working with cross functional teams, you should be comfortable communicating with developers and stakeholders on requirements, and making sure that the databases run in the most efficient manner
- Microsoft certification considered a plus
- The selected candidate should be highly analytical, driven to finding key insights through data mining large and complex data sets as required