|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2019 12:59|
Database Administrators who, as part of a team, will be responsible in the design of database structures, database and application performance tuning. The successful applicant will also be required to design and implement recovery strategies, provide 24x7 support, identify and resolve performance problems in mission critical OLTP, data warehouse and web enabled environments. This role requires candidates to have:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database systems, including performance tuning, backup and recovery techniques, and capacity management;
- Good knowledge with some programming/script languages (such as Powershell, Perl, UNIX batch scripts, etc.);
- Ability and genuine interest to learn, understand and apply new technologies;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively both independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team;
- Ability and willingness to be on call on a 24x7 basis if required;
- Knowledge/Experience in MySQL database administration, including clustering and replication, would be considered an asset;
- Database development experience would be considered an asset;
- Database Administration Certifications would be considered an asset;
Preference will be given to candidates holding an MQF Level 6 qualification (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent, and/or at least two years’ experience working in an enterprise IT environment.
The remuneration package will be in line with the skills, experience and qualifications of the selected candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend an interview.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. BOV, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at BOV.