€30,000 - €45,000
2 months ago
We are looking for a DBA to join a client who is in the tech/gaming space here in Malta. You will have a good understanding of database structures and principles. Ideally coming from an Agile environment with 3 years or more experience in an IT related role.
- Creating automated / scheduled (monthly / quarterly / yearly) SQL Server Health Checks, Memory Utilization Reports and Compliance (Licensing) Reports for the environment.
- Performing Microsoft SQL database administration, including software installations / configurations for SQL Server and peripheral features / products such as log shipping, mirroring, and maintenance packs.
- Troubleshooting complex systems to identify issues.
- Performance tuning, security and permissions, database configuration.
- Participating in system specification design and review, technical review, system testing, system implementation, post implementation review.
- Reviewing existing stored procedures code, recommending and/or implementing improvements.
- Identifying and reporting issues and developing long-term fixes, planning and performing jobs with minimal assistance.
- Performing daily Database checks such as disk space, backups, job failure, performance issues etc.
- Working on data related support tickets and other direct requests.
- Adding maintenance plans for the new databases.
- Sharing and promoting ideas towards the improvement of the products and the business.
- Identifying technical weaknesses in other team members and providing mentorship
- 3 years of experience within an IT environment in a similar role.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot client / server problems.
- Excellent understanding of the following technologies:
- MS SQL Server, Azure SQL Database Technologies and/or NoSQL administration
- Database monitoring tools - Red Gate
- Data warehousing/ETL