13 days ago
One of our clients is looking for a Data Science Manager to lead, grow and develop its existing data science teams and drive the data science strategy. This role is a strategic pillar in the company’s vision and they are looking for a creative and technical leader who is passionate about turning data into insight and explore new boundaries of this fascinating area in data technology.
- You will create, build and lead talented teams of data scientists to push a data-driven culture within the company.
- You will set the data science vision and strategy and drive this in the organisation together with the management team
- You will promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal resources and external partners, also manage the data science budget and headcount.
- You will lead and inspire all Data Science & AI initiatives throughout the company
- You will embrace and introduce best practices, which will allow us to continue in producing data science work which is reproducible, scalable, ethical and at the leading edge of the sports betting industry
- Be at the front line of technology, introduce new technologies and innovate when necessary
- You will develop and maintain a cutting-edge data science / AI platform and its solutions with the organisation
- 5+ years’ experience in data science / AI
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative fields would be a bonus
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to distill complex statistical, or machine learning concept and methodologies, and articulate insights to various stakeholders across the organization
- Proven experience in delivering real commercial value through the use of data science techniques
- Great presenter, ability to sell the AI and data science strategy and its initiatives
- Experience with Big Data and Cloud technologies such as Hadoop, Google Cloud, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake or AWS
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You’ll be active within the Data Science community and always keep on top of current machine learning, AI and deep learning trends