Data Protection Officer
|Job Title:||Data Protection Officer|
|Contact Name:||Mark Sims|
|Job Published:||May 04, 2018 16:06|
A conglomerate of business units spanning a broad portfolio of business interests and industry sectors is seeking to recruit a Data Protection Officer as part of the business compliance set-up.
The role responsibilities include:
- Provide efficient and effective Data Protection support to the Organisation and subsidiaries;
- Ensure that GDPR Auto, the Organisation’s GDPR compliance system is implemented and adequately maintained;
- Raise awareness within the Organisation and provide periodic training to staff in relation to data protection rights and obligations;
- Draw up and propose policies and procedures that bring the organisation compliant with GDPR, including intra-group data processing agreements;
- Review business forms and contracts, bringing these in line with GDPR requirement and ensure when required that consent forms are obtained;
- Keep comprehensive records of personal data processing activities;
- Provide guidance and oversight in all aspects of privacy impact assessments (‘PIA’), including effects in the adoption of new (or changes to current) policies or procedure
- Informing and advising management and employees of their GDPR compliance obligations, besides reporting to senior management any data protection concerns;
- Review and help upgrade internal policies and procedures, which have a direct or indirect impact on the Organisation’s data protection obligations, in accordance with best practices;
- Carry out random checks to ensure appropriate GDPR compliance;
- Act as the contact point for data subjects with regards to all issues related to the processing of their personal data and to the exercise of their rights, including subject access requests;
- Review data retention policies and compliance;
- Liaise closely with IT to ensure implementation and maintenance of appropriate security controls.
- If ever necessary, prepare procedures for the issuance of data breach notifications within the stipulated timeframes.
Attributes & Qualifications
- A legal degree (preferred) and / or data protection qualification;
- Working in Compliance experience is highly desirable;
- Willingness and drive to implement new methodologies,
- High level of self-motivation and the ability to work independently,
- Ability to interface easily with employees at all levels,
- Good understanding of IT Security techniques,
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills,
- Integrity & professional ethics.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a person willing to specialise in business compliance. He or she will report directly to senior management and to the Board of Directors.