An international Financial Services company is seeking a Data Protection Officer who will be responsible for carrying out the tasks prescribed by Article 39 of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), including:
- Informing and advising the business and its employees of their compliance obligations under the GDPR.
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR, with any other data privacy provisions and with Group policies.
- Providing advice where requested relating to privacy impact assessments (‘PIA’) and monitoring their performance.
- Cooperating with the regulatory authority.
- Acting as the contact point internally and externally with data subjects and the regulatory authority.
- Provide expert guidance, oversight and challenge on all aspects of data protection & privacy risk strategy and compliance focusing efforts on areas that present higher data protection risks.
- Lead the design, development and renewal of data protection and privacy risk policy and minimum standards with regular engagement of Group Legal Data Privacy.
- Interpret and oversee the implementation of Group approved risk appetite into local policies, processes, systems, models and limits.
- With support from Group Legal Data Privacy team overall responsibility for implementation of the data privacy risk framework, processes, and training to ensure the control environment pertaining to data protection and privacy risk is suitably robust and fit for purpose.
Applicants must have:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Data Privacy and Information Governance and a working knowledge of the applicable laws.
- Recognised as a subject matter expert.
- Corporate experience and Compliance experience is highly desirable.
- A Legal degree (preferred) and / or data protection qualification.