29 days ago
As the new Data Privacy Specialist you will assist the Head of Data Privacy in various aspects related to protection of personal data of our customers and our employees.
The Data Privacy Team is under the mandate of General Counsel, along with the Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Teams. As such it supports all activities across the group that involve processing of personal data and interacts with many different aspects of the online gambling business on a daily basis.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
When working with us, we promise you that you will never ever have a dull moment. By spinning multiple plates, you will always have your hands full. We promise you that you will learn a lot and that you will grow with us, both in your career and as a person. Working in one of the biggest online gaming companies in Malta, you will get first-hand experience on what it is that drives a successful company forward.
And of course, we promise you that you will join a GREAT team!
YOU'RE GOOD AT
We are looking for person passionate about business, with excellent legal logic, deep knowledge of data privacy and ability to understand technical issues related to data privacy & security. Preferably you have a university degree in law, although qualifications in other areas will be considered if you have relevant expertise in the area.
With respect to your experience, we expect for you to have at least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in data privacy or other areas that are of relevance for your work in data privacy (security, legal, on relevant business/operational roles in data driven business models, etc).
A background in data privacy is required since your professional experience and qualifications from this area are the most relevant for this role.
Experience in the gambling industry would be considered as an asset.
Apart from the expertise in data privacy we look for the person that possess following qualities:
- Excellent research skills,
- Multidisciplinary approach,
- Business driven and open-minded person,
- Independent in work,
- Ability to cooperate with people of different backgrounds and understand their work,
- Keen interest in compliance and regulatory work,
- Ability to work within a dynamic and fast environment.
- Your language skills are very important and we would expect you to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of other languages could be considered an asset. The ability to communicate in international business matters is important.
A FLAVOUR OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
This role will independently take care of substantial tasks, such as:
- Draft relevant polices for different departments,
- Privacy by design,
- Create data privacy compliance models for different business projects,
- Record of processing activities,
- Draft data privacy impact assessments,
- Conduct training of employees about data privacy,
- Respond to questions of business in order to make our operations compliant with General data protection regulation (GDPR) and other local laws,
- Cooperate with relevant data privacy authorities,
- Cooperate on daily level with relevant departments: information security, technical departments, legal, compliance, business operations, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
Participating in the different work tasks, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel within various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors. This role should be the bridge between tech, commercial operations and legal, in order to create compliant and business wise data governance models.You will be based in Malta and will report to the Head of Data Privacy.
We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding.