Castille's client is seeking a Data Engineer to prepare and transform data originating from all across the various networks and systems.
- Designing, building, integrating data from various sources data generation into multiple data structures used for BI and troubleshooting purposes.
- Optimising the performance of the company’s big data ecosystem
- Enhancing the data warehouse to accommodate new analytic requirements in view of changes in the business environment
- Designing, developing and maintaining ETL pipelines to load data into a centralised data platform
- Developing SQL queries and stored procedures which extract data from the data platform for reporting and analytic purposes
- Working with the Data Analytics and Insights team to assist in the delivery of analytical outcomes and models
- Performing peer reviews of work performed by other members in the Data Engineering Team
- Assisting in research and development tasks related to the data strategy
- Documenting data warehouse structures and ETL pipelines in Confluence and establish Standard Operational procedures for first line support
- Supporting the delivery of OSS, BSS and Technical Projects through the delivery of data artefacts. Providing support on data-related technical issues, using Jira for issue tracking and work prioritisation
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT or Data-related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in data engineering or any other related role;
- An understanding of SSAS and SQL proficiency and experience working with different relational databases;
- Experience developing and troubleshooting ETL processes;
- Experience designing, and optimising data warehouse structures by following dimensional modelling techniques would be considered an asset