We are looking for a Data Engineer who will prepare and transform data originating from all across the various networks and systems at GO, into a structured format that can be easily analysed. You will be entrusted to design, build, integrate data from various sources data generation into multiple data structures used for BI and troubleshooting purposes. Complex queries are normally required to turn this data into meaningful information to others, and while making sure it is easily accessible your goal is to optimise the performance of the company’s big data ecosystem.
If you are curious, independent, responsive, and articulate; someone who is receptive to instruction and feedback but can work well with ill-formed problems; is interested in the core telecoms business generating tons of data and who is a tenacious problem-solver, then we have the right job for you!
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in ICT or Data-related field;
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in data engineering or any other related role;
- SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of relational databases;
- Experience developing and troubleshooting ETL processes;
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Experience designing, and optimising data warehouse structures by following dimensional modelling techniques;
- Knowledge on OLAP Cubes and In-Memory Tabular Analytic Models. Work experience using SSAS is desired;
- Knowledge on Data Lake and Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.;
- Experience working in an Agile development environment;
- Analytical skills related to working with datasets;
- Strong communication skills and team player;
If this describes you then this is a glimpse of what you will be doing:
- Enhancing the data warehouse to accommodate new analytic requirements in view of changes in the business environment.
- Designing, developing and maintaining ETL pipelines to load data into a centralised data platform.
- Developing SQL queries and stored procedures which extract data from the data platform for reporting and analytic purposes.
- Working with the Data Analytics and Insights team to assist in the delivery of analytical outcomes and models.
- Performing peer reviews of work performed by other members in the Data Engineering Team.
- Assisting in research and development tasks related to the data strategy.
- Documenting data warehouse structures and ETL pipelines in Confluence and establish Standard Operational Procedures for first line support.
- Supporting the delivery of OSS, BSS and Technical Projects through the delivery of data artefacts.
- Providing support on data-related technical issues, using Jira for issue tracking and work prioritisation.