about 2 months ago
A company in the Financial services sector is looking to employ a Data Developer / Administrator to join their technical department
The selected individual will develop, maintain and support the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting solutions. You will also maintain, administer and monitor the physical databases
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of the logical and physical data models.
- Assist, develop and install functional components to: (i) extract and load data into the Data Warehouse; and (ii) carry out data cleansing functions.
- Work with database administrators to develop the data objects and data models to support data services in service-oriented architecture.
- Carry out acceptance testing associated with data acquisition and loading in the Data Warehouse.
- Maintain, at all times, a current version of the documentation related to Data Warehouse architecture, data model and data dictionary.
- Grant the necessary Data Warehouse views to in-house and/or third-party applications when necessary.
- Contribute towards the design and implementation of the Data Warehouse supporting infrastructure.
- To submit any reports and/or supervise any projects and activities as may be directed by the Manager (Data Management) from time to time;
- To ensure compliance with Bank’s policies, guidelines and underlying procedures at all times;
- To assist his/her superior in the preparation of the unit’s business plan and
- underlying budgets. This includes the preparation of action plans and reports as may be instructed by the superior from time to time;
- To sit on committees and attend meetings when required and as directed by the Manager (Data Management) and to take minutes accordingly;
- To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout;
- To perform standard office procedures including processing mail, answering phone calls, ordering supplies and filing
- To attend training as requested by the Bank
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time