BMIT Limited, Malta’s leading provider of data center, cloud and managed services, is seeking to recruit a NOC Technician.
Working at BMIT means that you will start benefiting from amazing benefits such as;
- Health insurance
- Free GO services
- Wellbeing incentives
- Education Sponsorships & Training bonds
- Career Growth opportunities
- Ongoing Learning & Development opportunities
- Fun social events
As NOC Technician, you will be forming part of the customer experience team, as the first port of call for responding to customer requests or dealing with issues either at the NOC by e–mail, Skype or telephone. You will also handle and, if required, escalate customer incidents and requests as appropriate so as to exceed customers’ expectations on a 24×7 shift basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the resolution of hardware issues, deployment of new systems, reinstallation of operating systems as required, as well as ad-hoc support requests, including liaising with co-location customers.
- Identify and troubleshoot simple hardware failures on x86-based servers to include the replacement of failed hardware components.
- Troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of network devices such as switches, firewalls etc.
- Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing Ethernet, fiber and console cabling, remote power and KVM).
- Utilise internal monitoring software and internal ticketing system to provide customer support.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
The following are essential requirements for the role:
- At least A level or equivalent level of education.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify problems and develop/implement innovative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate confidently and effectively with clients, stakeholders, 3rd parties, users / colleagues (at all levels of seniority).
- Effective documentation skills: able to document operational requirements, processes, data flows etc.; create and maintain departmental reports.
- Effective time management skills: able to work on multiple tasks concurrently with re-ordering of tasks in response to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, or deadline pressures.
- Able to write and present compelling communication.
The following qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory:
- A degree in an IT-related subject.
- Industry certifications such as Cisco CCNA or Windows MCSA or Linux
Proven experience within an IT operational / support role (e.g. network, server environments and methodologies; technical service support).
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.