7 days ago
Leading Technology company is currently expanding its team, looking for a CRM Systems Engineer to be based in Malta.
- Opportunity to join a well-known international company with a global headcount of +100,000 employees
- Attractive salary package that includes company benefits
- Room for professional career development
- Planning and implementing operational projects to enhance the reliability, capacity and availability of IT services and to maintain business continuity.
- Implementing performance and logical enhancements to OS, middleware, applications and integration layers.
- Troubleshooting, prioritising and performing post-mortem analysis on issues/faults for root cause identification and correction.
- Performing black/grey-box testing to identify and escalate bugs to the internal software development team or third parties
- Implementing any necessary workaround solutions until official patches are released and tested.
- Manage and maintain all the necessary environments required for the life cycle of every application, mainly development, UAT and production environments.
- Researching, test and becoming a reference point on new/current technologies including Operating Systems, Middleware and High Availability
- Automation of monitoring/alarming for all key/critical components including usage, health & end-to-end availability KPIs.
- Implementing and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures including backup/restore and OS/application cluster failover troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting IT Services infrastructure throughout its lifecycle and planning for replacements prior to EOL (end-of-life).
- 24/7 on-call responsibilities (roster based among team members).
- Help to identify and evaluate upgrades and new products, systems and solutions as necessary from time to time within the area of responsibility
- Handling of simultaneous technical projects and project management as may be required
- Participating or providing support to internal or external cross-functional teams
- Liaise with Customer touch points on quality issues
- Participate in technical decisions within Engineering and Operations and to a lesser extent on marketing decisions related to user experience of new products, services or promotions
- Experience in maintaining different Operating Systems, including Windows Server and Linux (Oracle Linux and Ubuntu).
- IT relevant Degree.
- Must have very good Analytical and Communication Skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with flexibility in order to deliver on project requirements.
- Knowledge of Oracle, MySQL or MS-SQL administration will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL will be considered an asset.
- Java or C development knowledge will be considered an asset.