Key Activities of a CRM System Engineer:
- Planning and implementing operational projects to enhance the reliability, capacity and availability of IT services and to maintain business continuity.
- Implementing performance and logical enhancements to OS, middleware, applications and integration layers.
- Troubleshooting, prioritising and performing post-mortem analysis on issues/faults for root cause identification and correction.
- Performing black/grey-box testing to identify and escalate bugs to the internal software development team or third parties
- Implementing any necessary workaround solutions until official patches are released and tested.
- Manage and maintain all the necessary environments required for the life cycle of every application, mainly development, UAT and production environments.
- Researching, test and becoming a reference point on new/current technologies including Operating Systems, Middleware and High Availability
- Automation of monitoring/alarming for all key/critical components including usage, health & end-to-end availability KPIs.
- Implementing and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures including backup/restore and OS/application cluster failover troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting IT Services infrastructure throughout its lifecycle and planning for replacements prior to EOL (end-of-life).
- 24/7 on-call responsibilities (roster based among team members).
Supply Chain Management:
- Help to identify and evaluate upgrades and new products, systems and solutions as necessary from time to time within the area of responsibility
Handling of simultaneous technical projects and project management as may be required
- Participating or providing support to internal or external cross-functional teams
- Liaise with Customer touch points on quality issues
- Participate in technical decisions within Engineering and Operations and to a lesser extent on marketing decisions related to user experience of new products, services or promotions
- Contributes to the overall perceived customer service experience
- Help and behave adequately as a Team player in the Section
- B.Sc. ICT or B.Eng.(Hons.) University Degree or equivalent. IT relevant Degree.
- Experience in maintaining different Operating Systems including Windows Server and Linux (mainly Oracle Linux and Ubuntu).
- Working knowledge of Oracle/MySQL/MS-SQL schema administration will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL will be considered an asset.
- Java/C development will be considered an asset.
- Must have very good Analytical and Communication Skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with flexibility in order to deliver on project requirements.