27 days ago
A well-reputed commercial bank is seeking to recruit its Credit Risk Manager - International who will be responsible for credit risk assessment of international corporate files including direct lending and syndications originated by sales team. He / She will also provide recommendations to the Senior Credit Risk Manager for onward approval to the appropriate approving body.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate financial condition/credit worthiness including direct lending and syndications and provide recommendations in compliance with the Bank’s credit risk policy
- Validate the risk ratings attached to credits under review
- Ensure compliance with bank internal policy and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for regular monitoring of portfolio including list of covenants
- Manage approval for excesses within assigned limits
- Keeping abreast of credit industry trends, economic conditions and industry challenges and economic indicators
- Will work closely with Corporate, Treasury, Financial Institutions teams for credit linked matters.
- Monitor and manage the asset book of the bank to ensure quality of assets through regular and systematic monitoring techniques.
- Any other cognate duties that may be assigned
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Management.
- At least 5 years of working experience of which at least 3 years in a managerial position in the Credit Risk Department with proven experience in cross border lending including in depth knowledge of various jurisdictions in Africa and Asia amongst others.
- Analytical and very good problem solving skills
- Excellent Planning, Organisation and Interpersonal Skills
- Team player and result oriented
- Being able to work under pressure
- Autonomous and self-motivating
- Excellent knowledge of Bank of Mauritius guidelines as well as the Banking Act and local regulations