An international bank is looking for an experienced Credit Risk Manager to join its team in Malta.
The Credit Risk Manager reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer and compiles relevant information to enable various committees within the Bank to execute their responsibilities effectively.
The Credit Risk Manager’s main job is that of evaluating the position of the Bank’s lending portfolio at macro level, as well as being responsible for portfolio analytics, portfolio tracking and monitoring for the purposes of controlling and managing the Bank’s risk tolerance.
- Reviewing all new and modified scorecards and credit policies, evaluating impact of changes in lending practices on business volumes, customer acceptance rates, credit risk profile, default rates and other relevant areas
- Preparing relevant documentation as necessary for various committees
- Overseeing the performance of lending scorecards and policy rules, and prioritising required changes accordingly.
- Developing profiles of credit segments and trends of the lending portfolio and analysing business performance, highlighting business opportunities as well as proposing clear action points to address poor performing portfolios.
- Making projection analysis by combining quantitative model building with qualitative logic. Recommending ways to various committees how to shape and optimise the risk/reward relationship of the Bank’s lending portfolio.
- Producing reports to track portfolio segments relative to the Bank’s risk indicators and ensuring adherence with the Bank’s risk appetite framework.
- Coordinating with other internal and external functions involved in the lending business of the Bank, to assess the performance of the Bank’s diverse geographical lending portfolio.
- Ensuring proper governance of lending policy documents and implementation of approved changes.
- Having a strong involvement in drafting of the ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery Planning of the Bank
- Assisting with the compilation of the Capital & Risk Management disclosures within the audited financial statements.
- Steering the execution of the Bank’s non-performing loan reduction plan.
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, or similar
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role within the banking environment
- Sound knowledge of the current regulatory environment, especially the CRR, CRD IV and Basel III regulations
- Expert knowledge in risk modelling, risk tools and various other quantitative assessment tools.
- Ability to work in a team and within a highly dynamic international environment
- Interest in Fintech and a willingness to learn about developments and practices in this area.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills