Creative Lead Designer
|Job Title:||Creative Lead Designer|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 19:45|
You will be responsible for overseeing, mentoring and ultimately the overall output of a team of Designers.
A FLAVOUR OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Be responsible for the quality of all output for the brand. Oversees all work within your team.
- Responsible to project manage and take full responsibility for campaigns and projects as required.
- Have an understanding and strong focus on ROI, report and react accordingly.
- Be able to take media plans and plan output of material accordingly.
- Participate and lead where appropriate creative concept development.
- Present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience effectively.
- Ideally possess creative agency experience.
- Continually review and implement changes to design practices.
- Ensure the multi-disciplinary team is functional and meeting needs of the business in ever evolving landscape.
- Research design trends and ways of how to apply to the brand visual.
- Be responsible for ensuring the team meets deadlines and is an efficient business unit.
- Manage daily design processes, ensures team has all information required to execute designs.
- With assistance of senior designers, assert that all designers are following the brand style guides, procedures, filing system and templates.
- Understand branding and can clearly define and defend the position of the brand.
- Update other parts of the business when required in a coherent, confident manner.
- Ensure the team receives the correct level of development and training, continually looks to improve design skills and efficiency of team.
- Successfully manage conflict between Creative Studio and stakeholders.
- Encourages and looks for opportunities for cross-functional work with other parts of the business.
- Acts as a mentor for less experienced designers in the team.
- Undertake any other user research / graphic design duties as required
- Responsible for all creative output of the brand under your guidance.
- Drives the business to continually raise the creative benchmark of the brands.
- Believes in the meaning of “Definitive Article” and how it can get a brand noticed and chosen.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of how to connect strategy to creative work.
- Creates holistic ideas and executions that build on a Brand’s world and offer a unique point of difference through using all aspects of a brand’s visual, verbal and visceral language.
- Sports, edits and pushes for greater creative thinking to get to less, better work fostering innovation.
- Quickly edits ideas to focus in on the best ideas.
- Leads multiple creative projects.
- Articulates how creative work translates into results.
- Helps choose and manages relationships with creative agencies as appropriate.
- Behaves as a creative coach and brand mentor for the brand.
- A source of inspiration for the regions marketing teams which ultimately translates into game changing creative work and colleague satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with the Regional MDs, Regional Marketing Teams and Brand Teams to help steer direction of the business.
- Working closely with Customer and Competitor Insights Team to evolve and implement the Brand Health and Communication measurement model.
- Collaborates closely with the Sponsorship team to create a long-term plan for each brand encompassing brand positioning and potential sponsorships, mapping out future needs for each brand, brand fit, and likely investment requirements.
- Understands the roles of the wider team and utilises people effectively to deliver timely solutions.
- Behaves as a mentor to other team members.
- Sets the vision for the brand Creative Team and shapes the team through recruitment, development and training.
- Responsible for actively managing the studio culture – including the type of work, the people, the team morale.
- Leads by example, with a strong focus on marketing ROI. Constantly questioning, refining and improving processes.
- Demonstrates top line financial awareness of business performance.
- Recognises and balances the financial implications of the day to day creative requirements versus the need for game changing creative ideas and brand campaigns.
- Agile trouble shooting and best practice sharing across teams, regions and brands
- Manages conflict, leaning into issues as they arise.
- Reporting on the progress of your team, at all levels.
- Actively appreciates colleagues and suppliers to recognise and reward great work.
- Displays integrity, honesty, reliability, responsiveness and openness to be trusted by department colleagues, regional management and marketing teams.
- Has experience managing a team of Designers.
- Behaves as a creative partner to regional marketing teams and brand teams to build trust and long-term relationships
- Through early involvement and partnership in projects fully understands what the brand stands for, its core values and the brand world it strives to evoke
- Acts a brand ambassador, challenging and interpreting feedback where necessary to build the brand
- Demonstrates design knowledge, expertise and relevant provocation in line with the brand
- Proactively looks for opportunities that might aid a Brand’s long-term health
- Listens actively and openly to the team and peer group
- Communicates at all levels with confidence and clarity
- Asks the right questions, challenging when appropriate
- Able to adapt communication style to audience and situation, whilst always delivering a consistent message
- Delivers strong pitches, presentations and influences results
- Establishes an external presence for the brand and projects a clear point of view on the changing role of brand design in the gaming industry
- Seeks out new innovations and demonstrates how these can be leveraged in design.
- Evaluates existing use of media and identifies development areas for the brand and business.
- Displays an understanding of how to bring concepts to life within technical parameters.
- Manage relationships with third party collaborators, sourcing and critiquing appropriate talent for the brief.
Find more Jobs in Malta
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Able to multi-task, working on several different projects at a time
- Designing digital material for different markets
- Fluent in Adobe CC products, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator. Video skills a bonus
- Exposure to HTML5 and CSS a bonus
- Able to work in a team, coordinating, giving creative feedback to agency partners where necessary
- Possessing strong photo manipulation skills
- Experience in creativity across all touch points
- Ideally have experience in the Gaming industry, along with leading a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Native English
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's