Are you looking for the next big thing in your career? We are on the lookout for an exceptionally talented, bright, and driven individual who will have the unique opportunity to define and, in turn, execute the TV strategy for GO.
In this role you will be illustrate the future of TV by analysing current market needs and forthcoming trends. You will be building and maintaining excellent working relationships with content providers so if you a network of connections, you’ve probably got this in the bag!
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Corporate Strategy and Business Planning Officer while leading a really nice bunch of people.
It is essential that you have the following requirements:
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in leading a team
- Has initiative and acts quickly and decisively
- Focus on delivery of targets, quality and deadline
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability
- Be willing to work under pressure and under minimal supervision
And even better if you have:
- Graduate qualification in a commercial or communications field
- Experience working within the TV service industry
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be required to do:
- Responsible for all content acquisition, including
- Sourcing of TV content
- Scoping and identifying content providers for the required content/service
- Negotiation and execution of the commercial agreements
- Renewal and termination of agreements
- Ensure that content costs are within approved budgets
- Preparation of subscriber reporting for content providers
- Managing relationships with content providers
- Maintaining international contacts with “peers” to identify Global Market trends
- Responsible for the scheduling and broadcasting of GO Stars, 8 Sports Channels and any other in-house produced channel/s and/or managed service.
- Responsible for the TV product strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Establishing TV product specific strategies via monitoring product trends and benchmarks so as to propose new products or product changes
- Participate in the development of a rolling product roadmap
- Ensuring a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the TV product project teams
- Work closely with Product & Segment Managers to ensure the meeting of overall company product strategic objectives
- Supervise, mentor and coordinate staff assigned in the team