€26,000 - €32,000
19 days ago
Compliance/ Fraud Officer
An established financial institution is seeking to employ an Compliance/Fraud Officer in a function that will involve a mix of law, regulatory and Solvency II related activities The person will be interfacing with the local regulator as a subject matter expert for all risk and compliance matters.
Expectations & Tasks
- Using initiative, knowledge and collaboration with the client teams to advise & support on a wide range of Risk & Compliance matters
- Keep abreast of all regulatory requirements (MFSA, FIAU and CBM) and inform the management as necessary.
- Liaison with the MFSA, FIAU and CBM on all regulatory related matters
- Implement a compliance plan to ensure corporate compliance with all applicable regulations;
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory reporting submissions with MFSA and the CBM.
- Liaison with service providers, internal and external auditors and risk consultants
- Assist the Risk Management Function with the analysis and preparation of risk registers and frameworks.
- Preparation of risk and compliance reports for the Board’s approval and discussion and participation in Board Meetings if required
- Coordinate the development and ongoing maintenance of risk policies and procedures
- Monitor and maintain the system of governance and internal controls
- Performing due diligence and KYCC/AML related tasks
- Involvement with ad hoc projects aimed at enhancing client service and/or operational efficiency
- Assisting the MLRO of the company
- Fraud screening and PSP console management of Chargebacks
Skills and Qualifications required:
- At least 3 years working in a similar role in the Fintech industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team ethic.
- Flexibility and initiative to adapt to evolving client needs and priorities in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong communication, analytical and time management skills
- Professionally qualified in law, compliance or risk management.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with ability to adapt to bespoke systems
- Ability to prioritise
- Pro-active attitude to project delivery and reaching deadlines
- Possess analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.