As the gateway to Corporate and Investment Banking in Africa and part of one of the largest financial services groups (by market capitalisation) in Africa, our client is looking for a high calibre Compliance Officer / MLRO to integrate its team.
Purpose of the role
To ensure that a comprehensive compliance programme and infrastructure is implemented within the company to ensure that current and future regulatory requirements are duly met in respect of the business activities and to support the business in an efficient and effective way.
The compliance programme shall cover the following key elements:
- Governance and oversight
- Policies and standards
- Regulatory risk management
- Anti-money laundering
- Anti-bribery & corruption
- Monitoring and reporting
- Fostering of a compliance culture.
- Acting as Compliance Officer & Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the company and fulfilling all regulatory responsibilities related thereto.
- Lead the company’s Compliance operations by directing and coordinating activities to ensure that all compliance requirements, comprising Regulatory Risk Management, Anti Money Laundering and Countering Terrorist Financing, Anti-Fraud, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Ethics frameworks, Compliance training are maintained in accordance with current and future regulatory requirements and the Group Frameworks.
- Point of contact for the Mauritius Financial Services Commission and other relevant statutory or regulatory bodies.
- Provide appropriate compliance reports and management information to executive management, committees and appropriate governance structures.
- Manage effective Regulatory / Compliance / AML / CTF training programme for all relevant the company's staff.
- Ensure an effective Compliance Risk culture, whilst proactively supporting the business.