Compliance Officer (Banking)
|Job Title:||Compliance Officer (Banking)|
|Contact Name:||Tijana Tufek|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2018 10:20|
An international bank in Malta is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer. The successful candidate will lead the Compliance Function and report to Board level.
The principal duties of the role include:
- Acting as main point of contact with relevant supervisory authorities (i.e. MFSA, Central Bank and EU bodies)
- Working with the Chief Risk Officer to enhance the compliance culture within the bank.
- Implementation of compliance plans to ensure that the bank meets all regulatory deadlines in full and on a timely basis;
- Horizon scanning so as to understand the risks and opportunities arising from upcoming regulatory developments;
- Reviewing and/or drafting of policies and procedures in line with applicable regulations;
- Providing assistance and support to the business lines on regulatory matters;
- Assistance with the preparation of regular compliance reports.
- Candidates must either be approved by the MFSA for a similar role and/or have the required experience to succeed in obtaining approval for this role;
- Candidates should have extensive regulatory compliance experience including recent exposure to the banking or investment services sectors;
- Excellent intellect and a track record that testifies to superior problem-solving ability;
- Strong analytical/research skills – capacity to undertake complex work on own initiative;
- Outstanding English language skills both written and verbal;
- Demonstrable team skills;
- Relevant qualifications in the field of banking, finance or compliance are regarded positively;
- Experience within custody banking services is also a plus
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's