28 days ago
A well-established Institution is seeking to employ a Compliance Officer who will be responsible for Compliance assessments of companies licensed by the Authority, ensuring licensees are respecting the laws and regulations of the Authority and acting where needed. Shall be reporting directly to the Compliance Senior Executive.
- Makes sure that licensees follow the regulations as assigned by Law.
- Issue regular compliance reports as instructed by the senior management.
- Offer investigative support to other areas of the Authority as instructed by senior management.
- Liaise continuously with industry service providers, customers, suppliers, brokers, agents, and other key stakeholders.
- Follow recent developments, policies and procedures issued by EU institutions, the Government of Malta, its authorities and entities as well as organisations and constituted bodies.
- To participate in training seminars and conferences, both locally and abroad, as directed by the Authority.
- To participate in the drafting of new regulations; using compliance expertise to ensure new regulations take key learning into account.
- To represent the Authority, in various fora and meetings with other parties ranging from licensees, consultants, as well as other Authorities/Directorates and Government Officials, as and when required.
- To carry out tasks as instructed by the Senior Executives and Compliance Manager.
- Possess a qualification that is comparable to a Degree level (MQF Level 6) or higher in Business/Management related subjects.
- Experience in the gaming industry shall be considered an asset.
- Experience in commerce and/or accountancy and/or finance shall be considered an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment, think and act strategically and able to take ownership and action oriented