A well-established payment provider is seeking to recruit a compliance officer. The candidate will be involved in the companies operations and business transactions as well as regulatory and internal rules. The role also includes compliance advice after reviewing the work of employees.
The successful candidate is reliable, professional, outspoken, and confident in their decision-making. The candidate is familiar with regulatory requirements and the industries standards.
Finally, the candidate should strive to achieve successful operation in a legal and ethical regard in consideration of the business objectives.
Key responsibilities and day-to-day duties will include:
- Client on boarding - conducting KYB/C, Sanction and PEP checks for all clients
- Reporting suspicious activity to the MLRO
- Internal and External statistic reporting
- Assisting the compliance monitoring program
- Assisting training all employees on AML, ABC and Whistleblowing
- Transaction Monitoring
- Handling external investigations
- Assisting in relevant regulatory reporting
- Review of complaints
Job Requirements: Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of EU regulations (preferably UK and Malta)
- Skilled in data analysis, specifically Excel lists and pivot tables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Compliance role (preferably within a financial institution)
- Strong work ethic in own initiative
- A team-player
- Detail oriented
- Divergent thinker
- Comfortable with the use of internet: including search engines and advanced search techniques
Additional information: willing to travel to overseas and the UK if/when required.