Negotiable depending on experience
5 months ago
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, chosen candidate will be responsible to design and implement a compliance framework within the local operations of an international insurance in Malta and ensure compliance with the MFSA and other regulatory requirements. Further responsibilities include:
- Advising the business on key regulatory matters
- Providing relevant compliance training to the business and compliance colleagues to enhance the understanding of the MFSA requirements
- Acting as the main contact person for compliance and AML
- Assisting in the development and ongoing relationship with the MFSA
- Monitoring legal and regulatory developments whilst assessing their impact on the Company
- Carrying out periodical reviews of underwriting and claims files, to assess compliance with operating procedures
- Ensuring risk management practices are embedded throughout the operation.
Applicants need to have a proven track record of working with MFSA insurance regulations and have the ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision. Strong communication skill in English is required and preferably has experience working for an international company within personal lines insurance compliance.