20 days ago
In this role as a Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the company’s compliance obligations in specified regulated markets.
You will be working alongside other compliance managers and will report to the Head Compliance based in Malta.
We want to see you grow into your role and take on more responsibility and challenges as time goes by. We aim to provide you with a path for your career that is both challenging and rewarding.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
You'll get the opportunity to work in an international environment, at a 100% digital company that is the market leader within the online gaming industry.
When working with us, we promise you that you will never ever have a dull moment. By spinning multiple plates, you will always have your hands full. We promise you that you will learn a lot and that you will grow with us, both in your career and as a person. Working in one of the biggest online gaming companies in Malta, you will get first-hand experience on what it is that drives a successful company forward.
And of course, we promise you that you will join a GREAT team!
YOU'RE GOOD AT:
- You need to have a university degree in law or business, although qualifications in other areas may be considered.
- 2 years’ experience in a compliance/legal environment would be considered an asset but all persons with a keen interest in regulation and the online gaming industry will be considered.
- The successful applicant must be able to work in a dynamic and fast environment, adapt easily to change and take a ‘can-do’ approach to the job.
- It is essential that you are able to work on your own initiative and are not averse to taking decisions once you have settled into the role.
- Your language skills are very important and we would expect you to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of other languages such as Swedish, Spanish, German or Italian could be considered an asset.
- The ability to communicate in international business matters is important.
A FLAVOUR OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the overall process of making applications to relevant regulators, licence and compliance reporting, acting as the main liaison between the company and regulators.
- Developing and implementing company policies and procedures, acting as a liaison with external legal advisors where necessary, assessing and approving products, promotions as needed and following the work of interest groups.
- A Compliance Manager is expected to become the point of reference within the company for their areas of expertise.
- The Legal and Compliance Department acts as a support function on all such matters across the group and interacts with many different aspects of the online gambling business on a daily basis.
- This role will therefore expose you to a number of different areas such as technical compliance and security as well as anti-money laundering, data privacy and consumer protection.
- In participating in the different projects, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel within various areas of the business as well as with regulatory authorities and external advisors.
WHAT WE OFFER
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.