Credit & Underwriting Officer
|Job Title:||Credit & Underwriting Officer|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2018 10:17|
The Compliance & KYC Officer will be a member of the Underwriting Team reporting directly to the Underwriting Manager and provide support to the company globally. He/She will work closely with team members and the Manager of Underwriting on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
These duties which relate to the post of the Employee and which due to the dynamic nature of the company’s business may evolve and change continuously, include but are not limited to:
- Performing Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud and Risk checks on current and prospective clients.
- Underwriting new applications by assessing financial standing of client and identifying risks from a Card scheme perspective
- Ensuring that service-level agreements (SLA) are met.
- Liaising directly with internal teams, such as Legal, Fraud, Financial Risk, and Sales Operations Managers to obtain KYC documentation.
- Ensuring the company acts in accordance with current EU and local AML legislation, namely the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit's (FIAU) Implementing Procedures, PMLFTR and the PMLA.
- Analyze financial data through financial statements and results through different credit scoring sources for new merchants and partners,
- Establish and decide on held collateral on behalf of a merchant or partner in line with the allowed approval threshold,
- Ensuring that data storage, whether electronic or physical, is in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate records management systems, tools, and processes are in place.
- Escalate with the company’s governance structure, as appropriate, any identified GAPs, deficiencies, or requirements to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and policies.
- Liaising with other teams to ensure compliance with the relevant Card Schemes Rules and Regulatory requirements as pertain to merchant application files.
- Identify and suggest areas for improvements in the Underwriting process.
- Diploma or degree in Compliance and/or AML as well as Card Acquiring background is experience is an advantage.
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a similar role.
- Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Be highly organised, pro-active, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be a team player and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Be fluent in oral and written English.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's