7 days ago
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed Credit Institution which provides Private Banking, Investment Services and Custody/Depository services.
Our team is formed of young, dynamic professionals who are part of an environment which promotes team spirit and rewards competence.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for an Compliance Analyst (junior/semi-junior/senior) within our Compliance Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring regulatory and legislative developments
- Supporting the business to respond to regulatory change through leading regulatory change projects
- Guiding the business in their interaction with international, institutional and corporate customers at onboarding stage and during the course of the customer relationship (non AML related
- Identifying compliance risks and supporting the business to improve/introduce controls to mitigate risks
- Assisting in the execution of the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Assisting in dealing with correspondence and/or responding to queries from regulators
- Dealing with customer complaints to ensure they are resolved in line with regulatory standards.
- Performing oversight over Regulatory Reporting
- Working to achieve increased compliance awareness and maintain a strong business compliance culture
- Other ad-hoc duties required for the operation of the Compliance function
Qualifications / Requirements:
- University degree in Banking, Finance or Law is considered an asset
- IFS Qualifications or other relevant banking/investments/compliance qualifications
- Knowledge of financial services legislation and regulation, in relation to banking and investment products and services
- Preferably a minimum of 1 year experience working in the financial services industry
- Ability to research and analyze, with attention to detail
- Must have objective approach to be able to exercise independent judgment, express opinions and make impartial recommendations
- Assertive individual, capable of gaining the respect of senior management, colleagues and regulators
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written
Extensive training is provided
An attractive remuneration package is offered to the right candidate