Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
|Job Title:||Chief Technology Officer (CTO)|
|Contact Name:||Salim Peer|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2017 10:08|
Our client, an international technology company setup to innovate disruptive software solutions, committed to building novel software solutions for a number of industries is currently looking for an enthusiastic, talented and experienced CTO to lead their technology related initiatives. The position will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented and experienced individual to lead the technology related initiatives. As CTO, you must have a strong background in the Software Development Life Cycle, Agile methods, Cyber-Security, Technical Infrastructure, Architecture, leadership and possess the ability to convert ideas into prototypes and eventually full-fledged products.
We expect you to posses
- Software development. You'll be responsible for leading the technology stack, software development life cycle and introducing new methodologies. You will implement a fully automated continuous integration platform with automated version control, testing and packaging. You will be responsible for ensuring that software methodologies intended to improve quality, such as code reviews, unit tests, static code analyzers, are strengthened and adhered to development quality.
- Technical Advisor & Leader. You have previous experience dealing with mitigating risk in all areas where there might be a potential threat. You will provide informed and efficient advice on all technical matters to the CEO - globally and 24/7. You are a self-motivated leader; capable of developing and implementing operational plans.
- Security Expertise. Assure enterprise-level security across Desktop, Mobile, and Audio/Visual platforms to ensure executive privacy and stability, scalability, and 1st class security across the supported IT ecosystem
- Intellectual Property protection: Protect the source code as a main company asset from being compromised by use of third party IP, leakage and creating encrypted and protected repositories.
- You know how to provide full-scope IT infrastructure support for R&D, as well as how to design and implement everything from the hardware layer to the software layer.
- Executive level expertise and leadership within a global independent service provider
- Implementation of large scale enterprise solutions
- You are a doer, have extensive technical expertise, and are a very effective communicator
- Largely cross-functional; able to jump in other roles where needed.
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience working with Cloud technologies
- Experience in technical operations
- Experience in large internet based services
- Technical negotiations in deals and partnerships
- 10+ years of recent experience in a similar position
- Strong background managing software development teams, large projects and mitigating risk
- Technology related first degree
- Management related postgrad or similar
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a hands-on attitude.
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Pro-active – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Understand the importance of creating highly readable and easily maintainable source code.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
Interested candidate please apply directly on our website or send CV to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's