An International Bank is seeking an experienced risk professional to join their Retail Banking and Wealth Management line of business in the role of Chief Control Officer. The role is particularly critical in the context of increased external oversight. The role holder must have the ability to identify, measure, evaluate, control and manage risk effectively. This role will cover both operational and financial risk as well as regulatory development and conduct.
Accountabilities will include :
- Executing of the Control strategy to improve risk and control management for the business
- Driving the Operational Risk agenda to embed roles and responsibilities
- Rationalising the Control Environment and working with other back office functions, to ensure an appropriate understanding of the end to end control environment across the businesses including Asset Management and Insurance
- Leading on the implementation of Group Risk policies and frameworks for Risk Management
- Managing internal and external audit requirements.
- Frequent interface with Executive Committee on issues related to non-financial risks within the business
- Permanent and/or as delegate senior representative on various risk forums.
- Manage the Conduct agenda, Governance and roll out of Policy and Procedures
- Responsible for implementing regulatory change, and on-going adherence e.g. most recently MiFID II and GDPR
- Responsible for Financial Crime Risk
Experience needed :
- Previous experience in Risk Management within a global organisation, working across cultures.
- Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Senior Management using simple language
- Comprehensive knowledge of the external environment (risk, regulatory, political, competitors etc.).
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills with experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior executives across multiple functions.