22 days ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for planning, organising, and coordinating the day-to-day operational and financial activities of the Authority. The COO will report and work closely with the CEO and the rest of the senior leadership team to ensure a harmonised management approach for the Authority. The COO is a member of the Executive Committee which is chaired by the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority.
The COO directs, administers, and co-ordinates the internal operational and corporate activities of the Authority in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Executive Committee. The COO will be called to lead and direct the following functions: Finance, People and Culture, Technology, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Administration, Facilities Management and Communications. The COO will also be called to develop organisational policies and procedures covering all areas of the MFSA’s activities ensuring that the Authority operates efficiently and effectively, supporting the other areas of the Authority.
The COO will be called to:
- Direct and coordinate internal operations to achieve pre-set goals and financial targets,
- Develop and maintain a sound organisational plan and establish policies to ensure adequate management development and proper succession planning,
- Leverage and bring together operational and technical expertise to drive efficiency and efficacy within the Authority,
- Develop and establish operating policies and procedures to ensure a strong governance and operational infrastructure.
- Appraise and evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and report these results to the Executive Committee,
- Co-ordinates the development and preparation of the Authority’s strategic, financial and business plans every year, ensuring the long term sustainability of the Authority,
- Directs the development and implementation of procedures, protocols and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow,
- Ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local legislation governing the Authority’s activities,
- Provide adequate corporate support to all the functions of the Authority,
- Oversee the general administration and procurement requirements of the Authority and establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders,
- Oversee the People & Culture function including the recruitment and compensation procedures, professional training and development and retention strategies,
- Oversee the day to day management of the Authority including the functional areas falling within the COO’s responsibilities.
The COO will also be called to assume responsibility for any additional tasks and/or objectives as identified by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Executive Committee.
We are looking for candidates with strong management skills, effective communications with a proven track record of results; having assumed responsibility for core operational activities, including finance, human resources, general management and/or communications.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study (e.g. accountancy, management, finance degree) at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. Possession of a Post Graduate Degree in Management/Accountancy/Financial discipline will be considered an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a senior executive role within a complex organisation. You should possess strong organisational skills, and leadership qualities to drive and implement the Authority’s vision, in line with Executive Committee/CEO’s direction.