We are looking for a dynamic Chief Financial Officer responsible for leading the finance function of the organisation and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the GO Group.
You will be expected to execute day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
As the Chief Financial Officer you will be expected to lead and motivate a team of finance experts on both their professional skills and personal development, implement effective changes to enhance productivity and lead by example. You will be a member of the Executive Committee and you will report into the Chief Executive Officer.
You can hit a few plus points for this position by having the following:
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting and a CPA / CPAA; MSc/MBA will be considered and asset
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, ideally in the Technology industry
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment strong operational focus and a creative thinker.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to navigate through complex financial situations to maximize results
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
Does this sound like you? The following attributes will be very important for you to fit within the team:
- Enjoys fostering working relationships
- Believes firmly in collaboration
- Is able to implement challenging decisions
- Is a self-starter, has a natural ability to execute work and reach targets
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of financial trends, reporting and forecasts.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the Company.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting as well as Credit Control functions of the organization.
- Lead and develop the senior management team in the Finance and Credit Control division.
- Develop and nurture relations with all stake holders including employees, customers, suppliers and subcontracted agents.
- Develop collaborative working relationships within the organisation and actively contribute towards the development and achievement of the Company’s mid to long term strategic and annual business plans.
- Keeping up to date with industry and technological changes that impact and provide relevant market feedback as inputs to the strategic Technology roadmap.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives, to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for consolidation and reporting of both Management reporting as well as statutory reporting to the Group
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with Financial institutions in order to raise the necessary funds required for the Group’s investing activities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Establishes and maintain appropriate internal financial control and safeguards.
- Analyse cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide Management and the Board to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- May be assigned different duties in accordance to Group exigencies which may include, appointments on the Boards of GO’s subsidiary companies.