Chief Accounting Officer
|Job Title:||Chief Accounting Officer|
|Contact Name:||Steve Zammit|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2018 11:33|
A leader in the Banking sector in Malta is seeking to employ a Chief Accounting Officer to join their team.
- Manage the preparation of financial and regulatory reporting
- Establish financial and accounting policies and ensure adherence to the Groups’ standards and regulations
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial reporting and information presented to Senior Management, the Board, shareholders and Group Finance.
- Control and assess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, evolving legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings and the impact of new technical solutions implemented.
- Interact and manage senior internal and external stakeholder relationships, including regulators and committees.
- Promote and encourage the company’s values in the team and maintain engagement through a high performance culture.
- Manage a direct team as well as oversee the activity offshore Global Finance Operations Centres.
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in financial reporting, financial control and consolidation accounting for a large, complex, financial services entity.
- Ability to build relationships across functions to ensure proper adoption of accounting policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards.
- Proven business knowledge, including established financial and accounting acumen.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Strong leadership and management skills, developing and motivating Finance team.
- Ability to drive change.
- Experience in working across all levels of the organisation to understand cross functional linkages and interdependencies at both strategic level and the business unit level.
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's