A very-well funded FinTech Start up, being part of an important Financial & Legal Group specialised in Corporate, Fiduciary and Fund Services, is seeking to recruit a dynamic Chief Executive Officer, to be based in Mauritius.
The successful candidate will be responsible to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company by being a high growth technology innovator, a full fledge enterprise tech leader and a seasoned international business developer.
The CEO will work closely with the Board and other group companies to provide strategic leadership to the organisation along with overseeing the implementation and steering the organisation to its next stage of growth and development, while keeping the human factor in perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans by ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Formulate business Strategy, turn-around policies and fast track expansion
- Oversee all operations and business activities by ensuring desired results and consistency with the overall strategy and mission
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the FinTech markets and industry and keep close relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Interact closely with the Board and be a part of the decision making committee on future growth and development of the organization
- Serve as a resource and mentor for current and future employees
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree holder in an IT related fired coupled with a Finance or Management degree
- Min 10 years of proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position in related sector
- Preferably evolving in a FinTech environment over the past 5 years
- Proven track record in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong skills in financial analysis, risk management and human resources management
- Ability to liaise with key stake holders including, Board members, investors, regulators, bankers and industry associations
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, excellent communication and public speaking aptitudes
- Be well versed with new technologies, disaster recovery and Blockchain.