19 days ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
About Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is the key decision making body of the Authority, being responsible for the implementation of the strategy and policies of the MFSA. Approvals related to regulation as well as those required for the issuing of licences and other authorisations also fall under the responsibility of this Committee. It is also entrusted with the monitoring and supervision of persons and other entities licenced or authorised by the Authority in the financial services sector, as well as the enforcement of the regulatory framework. The Executive Committee is also responsible for the overall performance of the Authority including its financial affairs, people and culture, and ancillary services, as well as the general coordination and management of the Authority's administrative and operational affairs.
The selected candidate will be required to:
- Offer assistance to the COO in the day-to-day management of the Authority;
- Assist in the development of business management goals and objectives;
- Assist in building business cases and business plans;
- Take an active role in reviewing current operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures or expenditures;
- Represent the COO in projects that are sponsored by COO's office as required;
- Providehistorical reference by developing and utilising filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies;
- Follow up on action points and deliverables agreed with management.
Candidates are expected to have proven track record in successful and timely delivery of tasks within a broad project scope. The successful candidate needs to work within tight deadlines, be able to multi-task and ready to work flexible hours according to the needs.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.