€30,000 - €35,000
11 days ago
This brokerage has ambitious growth plans and is seeking a self-motivated individual who has a proven track record in generating new business opportunities and who can excel in a fluid environment; an excellent networker who is comfortable in opening doors and developing relationships in the Insurance space.
The Business Development Manager role
In this role the candidate will be expected to liaise with local and foreign providers, attend meetings to ensure business is won and retained, advise clients on the best cover that matches their requirements and establish firm working relationships with both colleagues and collaborators. The individual will assume responsibility for:
- Gathering of information, assessing Clients’ insurance needs and presenting solutions to new as well as existing clients;
- Researching insurance companies' policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best terms
- Ensuring clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- Developing relationships with underwriters and other professionals;
- Keeping abreast of changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries
- In-depth knowledge of the insurance sector is vital with prior experience within the Maltese Commercial Insurance market being preferred.
- Possession of a CII Certificate and / or Diploma in Insurance is required.
- An individual who is goal oriented and is highly effective in negotiation and sales;
- An excellent networker, who enjoys interacting and is passionate about building and maintaining trustworthy relationships;
- Self-motivated person, with an ethical and reliable demeanour;
- A quick thinker, with an ability to give attention to detail;
- Outstanding communicator in both Maltese and English.