An established client of Castille is looking for a Business Data Analyst to analyze sizeable amounts of raw information to establish patterns to facilitate business operations.
- Identifying opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions;
- Establishing valuable data sources and automating data collection process;
- Handling pre-processing of structured and unstructured data;
- Mining and analysing data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies;
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques;
- Developing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets;
- Using predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field;
- Experience as data analyst and/ or developer (reporting) in financial institution or insurance company and familiarity working with and creating data architectures;
- Confidence using PL/SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, knowledge of R, Python, Java or C++ is an asset;
- Familiar using business intelligence tools (e.g. Microsoft BI platform, JasperSoft, IBM Cognos Intelligence) and data frameworks (e.g. Apache Hadoop/ Spark/ Storm).