About Programme Management & Quality Assurance (PMQ)
The Programme Management & Quality Assurance office is responsible for the setting up of a single, centralised framework, designed to ensure the implementation and delivery of key organisational projects and other change initiatives within the Authority. Programme Management is responsible to define best practice within the Authority and aims to standardize quality assurance and change management activities thus introducing economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The Programme Management team is key towards ensuring the completion of projects within budget and in the established timeframes.
The post is for a Business Analyst in Grade 7 level and eventual appointee will be expected to report to the Senior Business Analyst/Change Manager of the PMQ within the MFSA. The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Analyses, evaluation and documentation of business requirements;
- Perform gap analysis of new requirements against existing operational framework; Administer Change Control and Service Request procedures;
- Take responsibility of the overall progress of assigned tasks upon which he/she is working with strict adherence to SLA and quality standards;
- Act as a central point of contact to project stakeholders in order to understand, gather and analyse their business requirements;
- Understand stakeholders’ requests and provide on-going business support through the project lifecycle ensuring that any decisions made will have a measurable impact on effectiveness of the Authority;
- Create viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the construction of high level test cases emanating from requirements;
- Liaise with the Technology team and/or third party vendors or consultants to ensure compliance with business requirements and agreed specifications;
- Ensure that timely estimations are provided to the Project Manager within agreed timeframes. Support the Change Manager or Senior BA in the preparation for status meetings with the Project Manager;
- Support Quality Assurance in interpreting business requirements and acceptance criteria Support Quality Assurance in building test scripts, in validating test results and in resolving defects so as to ensure compliance with functional specifications prior to delivery; Provide the necessary training to MFSA staff during User Acceptance Testing;
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Document all work in accordance with agreed standards; Maintain status reports for all tasks on a regular basis;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Change Manager or Senior Business Analyst from time to time.
The role may require participation in off-site duties in order to attend meetings with external consultants or software vendors. Role may also call for duties outside office hours in order to tend to critical issues or recover impacted schedules so as to ensure adherence to SLAs.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in business, IT and/or change management or an equivalent professional qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a Change Management environment as well as demonstrable management skills with a proven track record to lead a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Must be proficient in business modelling, business process improvements techniques, change implementation and planning, data analysis, organizational design, requirements definition, stakeholder relationship management and system design;
- Must be proficient in SQL Language;
- Must be proficient with methods and techniques for preparing statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Must exhibit strong documentation skills and should have a good knowledge of the MFSA in terms of its core objectives and strategic goals;
- Must be familiar with standards associated with IT practice nationally and internationally;
- Must demonstrate a strong awareness of the uses of IT within the financial services industry; Must be able to facilitate remote and face to face meetings;
- Must have good negotiation skills;
- Must be able to communicate with various team members in an effective manner; Must be a team player and actively promote team spirit;
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills; Must be accurate and systematic in doing work;
- Preferably should have a good knowledge of the financial services industry;
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen years of relevant experience in a related environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.