Billing Operations Specialist
|Job Title:||Billing Operations Specialist|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 11:18|
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual to join our team. As a Billing Operations Specialist you will be responsible for handling aspects related to GO’s pre-processing billing operations and treating the implementation and reporting generation of tariffs, offers, discounts, payment analysis, amongst others. An exceptional knowledge and use of SQL and PL/SQL will facilitate the development and running of scripts to facilitate billing and information extraction from the billing systems. The role also requires development skills to be able to cater for XML to PDF conversion, automation of exception reports and also developing new applications required for operational purposes.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- A formal qualification in IT at least at Diploma Level;
- Experience on database platforms with good SQL and PL-SQL skills;
- Working knowledge of C# and/or Java;
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude and is looking to succeed in a fast-moving environment;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Have a University Degree in IT, Engineering or related discipline which can be substituted against experience in a similar or related role;
- Knowledge of using the command line of Linux/Unix and/or Windows;
- Knowledge of Jira or similar;
- Knowledge of Charging Systems, Intelligent Network platforms and related protocols.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Maintaining the application for XML to PDF conversion to cater for requirements from Commercial. This also includes deployments and monitoring of these processes;
- Creating and maintaining automated exception reports for Billing Operations and also for Billing Quality Assurance teams;
- Managing all activities relating to the rating of call detail records, and production of bills to GO subscribers;
- Ensuring that an appropriate level of validation and checking is carried out on the bills before they are sent to the customer and that correct billing information is available on-line to GO’s customers;
- Creating scripts to update billing system to ensure that bills are generated on time and error free;
- Developing and maintaining bespoke applications mainly for billing purposes but also for other internal clients;
- Ensuring billing procedures are documented appropriately;
- Managing usage tariffs, distance bands and discounts: New tariff (consumption) structures implementation, maintenance and servicing as required of existing Tariff and discount structures at billing system level;
- Managing Rental Tariffs: New tariff (rental) structures implementation, maintenance and servicing as required of existing structures at Billing system level;
- Providing third-level technical support for billing and rating issues;
- Collaborating with vendors and other team members, promoting knowledge transfer.