AVP - Human Resources
|Job Title:||AVP - Human Resources|
|Contact Name:||Deeya Bheeroo-Hulloowan|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2019 10:47|
Our client, a player in the banking and financial sector, is recruiting an AVP - Human Resources for the Mauritian office.
The position reports to VP, Human Resources and is responsible for partnering with senior management to broker the provision of the full suite of HR services in Mauritius including: recruitment, employee relations, learning and development and compensation and benefits. The position will also provide some day-to-day HR support to the Singapore office.
- Manage the Mauritius HR function and provide day-to-day support for the employees in the Singapore jurisdiction.
- Deliver HR policies, programs and initiatives that are aligned with business strategy, jurisdictional goals and corporate culture and that meet legislative requirements and market norms.
- Participate in Group-wide HR projects and any other reasonable duties that befit this management role.
- Formulate, recommend, and review policies, practices and procedures with a view to maximizing departmental effectiveness and productivity.
- Develop and deliver recruitment strategies to attract and retain top talent.
- Provide support and regular reports to management.
- Stay current and ensure compliance with audit, risk and regulatory requirements for the relevant jurisdictions.
- Interpret internal policies as they relate to employee and company objectives. ? Manage relationships with any community or government agencies related to the incumbent’s function
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Human Resources plus ten years’experience.
- Professional qualification or graduate degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of HR management issues and local employment legislation and regulations.
- Excellent consulting, mediation and presentation skills.
- Experience with HRIS databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with managers and staff at all levels.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team, delivering high quality work in tight time frames.
- High ethical standards and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with absolute discretion.
- Results oriented and customer service focused,with the ability to build trusting relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Problem Solving Requirements:
Success in this role will require strong time management skills alongside an ability to balance competing tasks and priorities effectively. Partner with stakeholders throughout the organization and provide value added solutions to complex people matters.
Interested Candidates are invited to apply directly on the Castille Website.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's