Audit Senior (Malta & Gozo)
|Job Title:||Audit Senior (Malta & Gozo)|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2018 09:57|
Audit Senior (Malta & Gozo)
What impact will you make?
We are currently seeking ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic team in our Malta and Gozo offices.
At Deloitte, we provide audit services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the circumstances and complexities of our clients. We help our clients deal with the risk elements of the business, uncovering exposure to external and internal threats, compliance with statutory regulations, and put in place the controls a business now needs to maintain its edge in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, both locally as well as overseas, you're ready for Deloitte!
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role as Senior Auditor will focus on the proactive and accountable execution of all the assigned projects, aligning work priorities and objectives to clients' needs, exhibiting full ownership regarding quality of work both at individual and at team level, positively influencing your internal and external stakeholders by adopting a clear, empathetic and impactful communication style.
You will be required to share your knowledge and expertise with more junior colleagues, being a role model for them in pursuing our purpose, to "make an impact that matter".
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world both locally and globally as well as working towards a career goal that we will entirely shape together.
During your tenure as Senior Auditor, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
- Build trust and credibility with stakeholders by seeking to understand their service levels expectations and what matters to them individually.
- Develop strong working relationships with the client & client staff where needed delegating to junior team members, provide on the job training and provide feedback.
- Use of the relevant internal and external knowledge databases and exploitation of the relevant information to benefit clients and the firm.
- Discuss business cycles and entity staff from all relevant parts of the business and document it, suing process flow diagrams, flow of transactions and relevant controls.
- Effectively link risks, controls, procedures and findings on a timely basis, using the appropriate tools.
- Articulate the audit quality milestones, the ways in which teams demonstrate their completeness, and how they contribute to audit quality.
- Understand how their assigned work relies upon work performed at the earlier stages and contribute towards the work of later stages.
- Prepare documentation by anticipating questions that reviewers may ask.
- Apply professional scepticism to identify what information is missing or incomplete and take steps to obtain it, arriving at an appropriate course of action based on relevant information.
- Assist Managers with planning, including budget, staffing and timelines and participation in audit planning meetings.
- Understand of the relevant regulatory framework, IFRS and the ability to apply to Audit.
- Understand the use and impact of IT on clients' business.
- Application of the Deloitte audit approach and knowledge of underlying international audit standards and IAS's
- Ensure that any professional, technical or client service problems are communicated in a timely fashion to the appropriate individuals.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Candidates must be in possession of a university degree in Accountancy, or have completed their ACCA or ACA professional qualification.
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence.
- A minimum of two years of audit experience with a good knowledge of IFRS.
- Sound computer literacy ; MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills.
- Good team player.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. Deloitte, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at Deloitte.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's