|Job Title:||AUDIT MANAGER|
|Reference:||DLT - 274923|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 08:25|
What Impact will you make?
We are currently seeking for ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic Audit team for our offices in Malta and Gozo.
At Deloitte, we provide audit services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the circumstances and complexities of our clients. We help our clients deal with the risk elements of the business, uncovering exposure to external and internal threats, compliance with statutory regulations and put in place the controls a business now needs to maintain its edge in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, both locally as well as overseas, you're ready for Deloitte!
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role as a Manager will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development.
In this role, you will develop and coach high performing people and teams, leading, guiding and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organizations in the world both locally and globally as well as working towards a career goal that we will entirely shape together.
During your tenure, you will demonstrate and develop ability to:
- Offer insightful recommendations about a broad range of complex issues related to business processes and controls by leveraging expertise and experience in the entity’s sector.
- Identify the audit approach to be taken from an early stage and checks that adequate resources are identified that have the required skills, knowledge and experience to perform the work.
- Involve team members in the planning process and where required guide more junior members of the team in their prioritisation.
- Provide on the job learning giving meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Prioritise appropriately and make or implement contingency plans where necessary.
- Perform joint activities with specialists early in the audit to identify risks, understand relevant controls and substantive procedures, agree on the division of responsibilities, including planned tests of IPE, and prepare scoping memos.
- Suggest mitigating testing when controls are found to be ineffective or other conditions may indicate possible misstatements, applying professional scepticism to consider the broader impact on our audit.
- Run file check regularly throughout the audit, checks all points have been cleared at the end of each audit, choosing an appropriate file structure for each engagement.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the relevant regulatory framework, IFRS and other IAS’s when relevant as well as an advanced understanding of business cycles and operational internal controls.
- Able to provide audit team and clients with a critical view and recommendations. .
- Active in knowledge management by monitoring/providing input to internal databases.
- Be regarded as a specialist in the audit approach.
- Applying the knowledge to improve the efficiencies of the audit process and to address the risks associated with the assignment.
- Review work papers, finalises deliverables and is responsible for the entire audit work and its quality.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- An ACA, ACCA or BA Accty qualification or equivalent
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence
- Deep knowledge and experience of IFRS and ISA
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills
- A minimum of five years post qualification experience
- Proven audit management experience
- Experience and evidence of business development
- Good team player
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's