DLT - 2751040
28 days ago
What Impact will you make?
We are currently seeking ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic Audit team in our Malta and Gozo offices.
At Deloitte, we provide audit services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the circumstances and complexities of our clients. We help our clients deal with the risk elements of the business, uncovering exposure to external and internal threats, compliance with statutory regulations, and put in place the controls a business now needs to maintain its edge in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, both locally as well as overseas, you're ready for Deloitte!
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with your senior colleagues, you will focus on the accountable and proactive execution of assigned projects, aligning priorities and objectives to client’s needs, exhibiting full ownership regarding quality of own work and showing your personal commitment to our purpose “make an impact that matters”.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organizations both locally and globally as well as working towards a career goal that we will entirely shape together.
During your tenure, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
- Take responsibility for understanding key statistics and industry matters about entity before engagement begins.
- Establish rapport with stakeholders by conveying an enthusiastic interest in their business and an approachable demeanor as well as develop a working knowledge of the clients’ statutory deadlines and directs efforts to ensuring that these are met.
- Understand and use the basic functions of the firm’s software package.
- Understand the internal and external knowledge databases and can utilize the relevant information to sections of work performed.
- Display a basic understanding of audit concepts and methodology in performing the audit.
- Refer to specific accounting and auditing standards and associated guidance in audit documentation of testing.
- Identify potential audit issues, unusual items, questions or concerns, and discuss them with the field manager on a timely basis and in a clear and concise way.
- Prepare the required work papers in compliance with the firm's standards, policies and procedures and develop professional scepticism.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Candidates must be in the process of working towards attaining a relevant professional qualification namely a university degree in Accountancy, the ACCA or ACA professional qualification.
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills
- Good team player
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.